April 22, 2016 noon
By 1938, the hatchery was putting more than 110,000 eggs into incubators every three weeks.
March 25, 2016 noon
In 1927, Southwestern Bell began construction on a two-story exchange building.
February 26, 2016 11:19 a.m.
Speed became the city’s first Chief of Police.
January 29, 2016 10:56 a.m.
The 1950s were the glory days of Route 66, and the Caravan Motel opened at 620 Amarillo Blvd. West to take advantage of the rush of travelers headed down the Mother Road.
December 25, 2015 9:44 a.m.
Shown in this 1930 photo, the Green building was home to Sandies Shine Parlor, Lone Star News Stand, Post Office Shoe Repair Shop, Ideal Barber and Beauty Shop, and the Post Office Coffee Shop.
November 27, 2015 noon
Today the historic building is home to the Amarillo Chamber of Commerce, Center City of Amarillo, and other community organizations.
October 23, 2015 10:05 a.m.
McLoughlin Boot Shop was once home to one of the most respected bootmakers in West Texas.
July 24, 2015 10:38 a.m.
Until Amarillo College opened in the fall of 1929, Amarillo was the largest city in Texas without a public college of its own.
June 26, 2015 9:39 a.m.
Directed by Matthew "Bones" Hooks, the Dogie Club took boys on camping trips, gave them opportunities to play organized sports, and even guided them to plant trees on property that would one day be renamed Bones Hooks Park.
December 26, 2014 9:32 a.m.
Gene Howe and Ross Rogers